Dorset teachers needed for freelance outdoor work
Are you a teacher in Dorset?
Do you love the outdoors?
Do you want to do some freelance work at the weekends and in during school holidays?
Land & Wave works with 1000’s of young people (and adults!) every year and we need more fabulous staff to run coasteering, bushcraft, paddle boarding and team building sessions.
We want to recruit teachers because we know how brilliant you all are at working with young people.
The best bit is that we are willing to train you for FREE and pay for your qualifications
We can help you with training so it fits into YOUR lifestyle.
As a minimum we’d like to help teachers with coasteering, bushcraft and paddle boarding training over the next few months with the aim of doing the qualifications over the winter and starting to work as of April 2016. The training will involve you coming to shadow as many of our sessions over the summer as you can.
What we require from a successful applicant
- A teaching qualification
- Be REALLY keen on working in the outdoors with young people and adults
- Be able to work at weekends and in school holiday times.
- Be proactive
- Be good with people
- The desire to take back what you will learn to your school
Most of our activities are based in Swanage but we will be operating from Sandbanks VERY soon as well!
What this opportunity is
- A chance to pick up outdoor qualifications
- A chance to work in the outdoor industry
- Fantastic CPD training
- A chance to take back the soft and hard skills to your school
- Supplementary income at the weekends and during the school holidays
- An opportunity for your school to improve their outdoor ed provision
What this opportunity isn’t
- A full time work
- An organised training programme - its flexible
Once qualified you will get £100 a day and £60 for a half day.
Please send a brief email (2 paragraphs is plenty) to email@example.com outlining why you want to work in the outdoors. We will then arrange a chat on the phone and then invite you to our HQ
About Land & Wave
We are very experienced at training people via our Accelerated Instructor Training programme