Land & Wave Assistant Instructors are the heart of our summer season.
Enthusiastic, hard working, driven and ready to learn. Human beings who love working in the great outdoors....
Our Assistant Instructors work 30 - 40 hours over 5 days a week including some weekends and lots of evenings and overnights.
Assistant Instructors have time off in the middle of the day so they can build personal experience and learn about working with clients.
We offer a food and accommodation package for £48 per week.
Our Assistant Instructors help us with:
- Serving and looking after our clients at breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Shadowing our instructors on a variety of activities
- Assisting instructors to deliver fun engaging evening activities
- Supervise our clients at camp over night several times each week
- Campsite turnover days for clients coming in and out each week
- Maintaining a safe and clean campsite for kids and teachers to enjoy
Assistant Instructors work for Land & Wave from mid May - August with the opportunity to extend contracts
To be an Assistant Instructor with Land & Wave you will need to have the qualities and experiences below;
- Be confident talking to other human beings
- Have some experience in customer service
- Be available to attend training including first aid, safeguarding and food hygiene before you start work (which we will pay for).
- Have an enhanced DBS check processed within the last 3 months. (We can process this for you if you do not have one)
Why work for Land & Wave?
Assistant Instructors have lots of opportunity to build personal and professional experience, they get out and about, play in the great outdoors and shadow our instructors.
South Dorset is an incredible place to have adventures with great climbing, sea kayaking, coasteering, mountain biking and paddle boarding.
Swanage and Poole are superb for sail and kite sports, we even get surf at Kimmeridge Bay.
We'll support you and help facilitate and pay for training and assessment courses when we can.
All our managers are there to help, they all spend at least two day a week working with clients and the seasonal team - they know what’s happening ‘on the ground’.
We work with schools, youth groups,stag and hen dos, corporate clients and families. Delivering over 20 different activities. There is lots of variety!
How to apply?
APPLY HERE - Apply early!
Make sure you attach your CV. We will give you a call and email you to arrange a chat.