Give Adventure Not Tat This Christmas
This year, our Christmas campaign is all about ditching the plastic, useless gifts. We’ve given you the low-down on the Top 5 Picks for Her now it’s time for the Top 5 Picks for Him.
We’re declaring to all – Give Adventure Not Tat.
- The Project. One of our team’s favourite hangouts – we can’t recommend heading there enough. For beginners, sign up to their Boulder Induction Course for £20 and get to grips with the basics.
If he’s already a climber, check out their monthly & annual passes for the gift that keeps on giving.
- Bike Park Wales. This is the location of an annual pilgrimage from the Land & Wave gang. Sure to get him coming back full of tales and eager to go again. Day ride passes from £8. Up lift is extra and bike hire is available for those who don’t have all the gear.
- SnoZone/SnowDome. Again either for beginners or the more experienced. There’s nothing more fun than a day on the slopes, artificial or real. Book a lesson or a lift pass; prices from £30 to perfect those skills.
- Prevail Skatehouse. Another local spot for us and guaranteed for an adrenaline day. If he’s into BMX, Skateboarding or even Scootering then this is the place to go. From £4 per hour – full prices here.
Keep reading to hear about our Christmas Party trip to Prevail.
- Get Outside. We really can’t say it enough; there is nothing better than just spending the day outside. We’re here to help that – choose from Coasteering, Weapons in the Woods, Stand Up Paddle Boarding and Family Bushcraft.
Don’t just take our word for it, check out Graham’s acting skills in Part 2 of the Christmas Cinema below.
We think of ourselves as very gender equal at Land & Wave and we’d like to say that both lists suit work for all.
In the spirit of practicing what we preach, we headed to Prevail Skatehouse for our Christmas Party this year. We put our skills to the test and whilst we certainly aren’t going to be entering competitions any time soon. Once we got over our initial fears and into the swing of it, it was great!
We would highly recommend to anyone looking for a fun alternative activity for either staff party, birthday get together or just something new to try.
That finishes up our Top 5 Experience Picks for Him. We hope we’ve given you a little inspiration for alternative gifts to buy and to help Give Adventure Not Tat this year.
As always – Say NO to boring presents, say NO to mind-numbing electronics that get used once, say NO to boxsets, say NO to plastic and say NO to itchy jumpers from your Gran.
Instead say YES to being outside, say YES to awesome adventures, say YES to jumping in the sea, say YES to spending time as a family, say YES to buying experiences and not tat this year.
This year choose adventure, choose outside and choose experiences.
Next up on the list: the Top 5 Experience picks for Kids.
Get out there and find your adventure…#AdventurePeople