There are many benefits to achieving your Duke of Edinburgh.
But we’ve rounded up the Top 5 reasons to get out there & gain it.
- The chance for a NEW adventure Pursuing your D of E award gets you out of your comfort zone and into a fresh world of adventure, excitement, wild experiences & new friendships along the way. It’s the time to try things you’ve never had a chance to do & learn transferable skills you won’t find anywhere else to equip you inside out - all while having a brilliant time doing so.
- Supercharge your CV Future colleges, employers, universities & beyond highly regard D of E as a valuable asset on your CV. It shows perseverance, commitment, confidence, problem-solving & someone who says ‘YES’ to a challenge - all qualities that help you stand out from the crowd in future. Check out ‘How to Supercharge your CV’ by The Guardian here.
- Leadership & Team Work Skills Resolving conflict. A knack for negotiation. The aptitude to innovate. In a competitive job market - if you can demonstrate leadership, you’ll often be rewarded with a position that carries more responsibility, the ability to delegate and (naturally) a better salary. Those who can lead know how to make important decisions that affect both themselves & people across organisations in future. “Leadership is about aligning people to the vision, that means buy-in and communication, motivation and inspiration” ~ (John Kotter, Professor of Leadership at Harvard University - click here for the article)
- Lifelong Friends D of E holds that potential to form long-lasting friendships with those who have face the same challenges along the way! Where better to get to know people than when taking on an array of fun, wild and sometimes testing activities together?!
- Real Direction It is frequently found that people find themselves feeling an improved sense of direction upon achieving their D of E. It can help you understand the career direction you’re interested in, learn your strengths & weaknesses and assist in shaping your future through enjoyable experiences!
For more info, check out our Duke of Edinburgh page here.
Telephone: 01929 423 031