Foundation Safety Rescue Training
- For all paddlers, coaches and volunteers, irrespective of craft
- 1-day course (8 hours)
- No min age
- Learn to keep yourself and others safe
- Master rescue skills to help yourself and others
- Boat or SUPs provided
- 30th September
What are the pre-requisites?
- You must be able to swim in normal paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
This course is boat-based.
- You must old the current Paddle Explore Award, 2 Star Award or be of equivalent ability due to the paddling environment and the boat control required to complete the course
A First Aid certificate is not a prerequisite. However, holding a First Aid certificate is strongly recommended for all paddlers.
You can find further course notes here >> British Canoeing Website
Where is it?
This course is based in Swanage, Dorset. You will be sent the exact address upon booking.
Can you provide a boat or SUP?
Yes we provide a craft of your choice (subject to availability) at no extra cost to you. We will contact you before the course to check which craft you prefer.
You are welcome to bring your own craft if preferred.
What do I need to bring?
Please come with your own PPE (personal protection equipment). You need to bring a warm winter wetsuit or drysuit, a buoyancy aid and suitable footwear for the water.
You will also need a hearty packed lunch, snacks and drink for the day (there are no shops near by).