Secure your group booking here with £100 deposit
Canoe Leader Training
This 3-day course delivers the personal skill level required to lead a group of up to four solo canoe paddlers or three tandem canoe crews, on Moderate White Water and Moderate Inland Water.
The course content emphasises the application of a variety of techniques appropriate for moving water, and exposed open water, requiring the paddler to perform appropriate and effective manoeuvres in real situations.
Broadly this includes the following: Personal Paddling Skills, Rescue Skills Safety, Leadership & Group Skills and Theory.
This course takes place in North Wales with Ray Goodwin. Accommodation included.
PRICES AND DATES
- Next date 25 - 27 March 2019
- 3 Days
- Includes accommodation
A 2-day assessment course with Ray Goodwin.
To complete your Canoe Leader Assessment, you must:
- Be a British Canoeing member (£45)
- Register for the Canoe Leader Assessment Course on the British Canoeing website (£39). It is advisable to do this at least 2-weeks prior to the assessment date.
Pre-requisites Required to Complete Assessment
- Canoe Leader training within previous 3 years.
- Relevant Safety Training: White Water Safety & Rescue training or (or Rescue 3 Whitewater Rescue Technician)
- First Aid Award: Recognised 2-day First Aid within last 3 years
Candidates need to ensure their safety and rescue skills are current and up-to-date before presenting for an assessment.
PRICES AND DATES
- Next date 21st March 2019
- 2 Days
- Training £200
- Assessment £180
2019 Canoe Leader Locations.
25 - 27 March - Training
21 - 22 March - Assessment
Hendre Isaf Bunkouse | Betws-y-coed, Conwy
Paddling on Llyn Tegid and the Dee.
Up to two nights un-catered accommodation is included in the price.
We can help with transport during the course.